10 Ways for Seniors to Stay Social and Active

10 Ways for Seniors to Stay Social and Active
As we age, its important to stay social and active to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Seniors have many options to stay connected with the world and engage in activities that will keep them active both mentally and physically. From joining a retirement community or senior center to participating in volunteer activities, there are plenty of opportunities to stay engaged and enjoy life. Here are 10 ways seniors can stay social and active.

1. Join a senior center or retirement community
2. Take up a hobby or join a club
3. Visit friends and family often
4. Attend classes or workshops at a local college or community center
5. Exercise regularly
6. Go on group outings or vacations
7. Participate in volunteer activities
8. Use technology to stay connected with friends and family
9. Attend church, synagogue, or other religious services
10. Join a bridge or other card game group

Staying social and active is an important part of life, no matter what age you are. Seniors have many avenues to explore that will open up new opportunities and friendships and help them maintain their physical and mental health. For more ideas and information, be sure to check out your local community centre and seniors association.


No comments

Post Your Comment:

Your email will not be published
Reciprocity Logo The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Greater Vancouver REALTORS® (GVR), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB.